Our Commitment to our customers:
Mel Pierce Camera and Repair wants to be your camera store. In our retail store, on this website and through our other sales channels it is our aim to provide you with competitive prices, exceptional customer service and a pleasant shopping experience.
Our price policy:
We never want price to be an issue. Every item we sell will be sold at a competitive price. We are always willing to have you contact us if you need to discuss a special need such as, meeting a competitor's price, provide a quote for your business or organization, order a hard to find item... whatever your need, we want to make your experience online to be as close as possible to dealing with us face to face.
Mel Pierce Camera and Repair is located in Hollywood CA
If you're in Los Angeles CA USA, please note that the prices we offer online are the same prices we offer in our store. We do not charge for customer service. You will find our staff are all knowledgeable about photography and all the equipment we sell.
We will never lend, sell, or give any customer's personal information to any third party! What you tell us here is solely for our own advertising use and demographic analysis. We have a privacy statement you can access from the links at the bottom of our home page.
Guarantees and Warranties on Merchandise purchased on www.melpiercecamera.com
Mel Pierce Camera guarantees we represent all products on this site as described with a 30 day return policy. Our guarantee is to provide a refund of the purchase price with 14 days of our receiving the returned item. The safe return of merchandise is the responsibility of the buyer. In addition to this basic policy:
All new products carry the full manufacturer's warranty. This applies to both hard goods and expendables. All our hard goods are official US-market inventory; in both cases any manufacturers' warranties apply in full. We will never sell "gray market" goods as US inventory.
All used equipment that we sell out of our own inventory carries a six month Mel Pierce Camera warranty.
All repairs carry a six month warranty, except for repairs of electronic items, which we warranty for 90 days. However, the warranty period begins the day we notify you that the repair is ready to pick up, not the day you pick it up
Mel Pierce Camera and Digital assumes no liability to compensate for typographical errors on this website. Prices and other information may change without notice
Standard Return Policy for products purchased through melpiercecamera.com:
At Mel Pierce Camera, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with your purchase. If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return it to Mel Pierce Camera within 30 days of purchase date. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within two business days of receipt of merchandise.
You have the option of exchanging the item(s) or receiving a refund for the full amount of the item purchased . Refunds on returned items will be issued in the same payment form as tendered at the time of purchase. If payment was made by credit card, once we receive the product we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, the refund check will be issued after 10 business days from the date of purchase.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, Mel Pierce Camera reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee not less than 15%.
How to return or exchange an item:
- In order to return an item you need to first obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- To request an RMA number by phone, call Customer Service at 800.450.7468 / 323.465.2191.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton.
- Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer’s package. Do not write on the original manufacturer’s package.
- The RMA number must be clearly written on the outer box. If you received a label in the email, print the label and tape it to the carton.
- We recommend you ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. We are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
Send pre-authorized returns to::
Mel Pierce Returns Dept..
5645 Hollywood Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90028
Rules regarding returns:
- All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in their original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories.
- Items with timers must show less than 120 minutes of use. Items with shutter counters must show less than 200 exposures.
- Mel Pierce Camera is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Defective items may be repaired or exchanged at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
- RMA numbers are valid for 10 days.
- Mel Pierce Camera is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us.
- We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
Mel Pierce Camera allows no Return/Exchange On:
- All consumables items such as film, photo paper, all moisture, heat, x-rays, magnetic and other light sensitive materials, tapes, paper, seamless paper, bulbs, batteries, chemistry, filters, video dv and mini dv tapes, digital software, and digital printers.
- Hard drives, flash memory or memory cards once they are unwrapped. Initial product defect is an exception.
- Canvas, fabric or paper backgrounds
- Opened blister packaged items
- Any open CD, DVD, computer software, memory cards, and ink cartridges.
- Any Special Order merchandise.
- Labor, delivery and/or completed installation services.
- Items that have been damaged through customer use or abuse.
- Underwater equipment that has been submerged.
- Educational tapes and books once unwrapped.
- Mel Pierce Camera Gift Cards gift cards may be used for merchandise only and cannot be redeemed for cash, except where the cash value or balance is less than $10.00.
Again our goal at Mel Pierce Camera is your complete satisfaction. Any questions about our return policy can be directed to our General Manager by clicking here
Shipping fees are based on the destination, size and weight of your item(s) and include a small fee for insuring the full value of your item(s) against possible theft or damage while in transit.
You can calculate your estimated standard shipping fee your order in checkout. If you’re logged in and have previously placed an order with us, your zip code will be saved. If you are not logged in, just enter your zip code or country to get a shipping cost estimate. You will have the option to upgrade your shipping to a different service during the checkout process. If you select a different shipping method during checkout your actual shipping cost may be higher.
Select products qualify for free shipping in the Continental US. Our shipping services are the United States Postal Service and Federal Express.
FedEx is our preferred carrier and will be used for most orders. United States Postal Service will be used for small and low dollar value items at our discretion. Expedited shipping options are also available for rush deliveries.
A signature may be required upon delivery but will absolutely be required on orders totaling over $250.00. Packages can not and will not be rerouted to an alternate address.
US Postal Service
USPS can ship packages to PO Boxes. A signature will be required for orders totaling over $250.00. Packages cannot be rerouted or picked up. Delivery times vary by destination, and is not guaranteed. Tracking of packages have some limitations.
International shipping and shipping to Canada.
We exclusively use Federal Express for International shipping and only to addresses FedEx serves. If FedEX notifies us your address is not serviced by them, your order will be cancelled.
Duties and Taxes are your responsibility and you must be prepared to make payment to your Country's Customs Angency. Orders returned with taxes and duties unpaid will only receive a refund for the item. Shipping and handling fees will be retained by Mel Pierce Camera.
We ship to:
- Any residential address
- Your place of business
- APO addresses
- US territories and possessions
- We do not ship to hotels, motels, resorts, PMB, FedEx or UPS locations.
- P.O. Boxes can only be delivered to via the US Postal Service.
We STRONGLY suggest you contact us prior to making your order as we have restrictions as to where we will and will not ship to. This can changed based on the item(s) you wish to buy. An example is the Nikon USA absolutely will not let us sell the products outside the USA and the terms of our dealership mandates this. At this time Mel Pierce Camera considers all international orders on a case by case basis.
We ship to:
Your home address. We do not ship to your place of business, hotels, motels, or resorts.
If your order is being shipped to a US shipping address, you will get an expected delivery date for each shipping option during checkout. These dates are based on carrier shipping practices, destination and the items you order. (Expected delivery dates are estimates. Orders can be delayed due to verification or time of order being placed. Items that are not regularly stocked cannot be held to the expected delivery dates.)
- Orders may be delivered in separate shipments.
- Order cutoff times for all orders shipping via FedEx Economy, FedEx Priority or USPS:
- Monday - Friday: 2:00pm Pacific time.
The tracking number you receive from us in an Order Status email during the daytime may not be updated on the carriers website until that evening. You may also track your order on our website by clicking here
Please note: All orders are subject to approval by our verification department. We will notify you by phone or email should your order be delayed.